It's Easy Being Green
Hi there and welcome. We thought we would talk about another way of looking good and feeling good, this time from the inside out. Avocados are versatile and can be included in our day-to-day lifestyle for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They're easy to love and have a variety of benefits. The avocado is virtually the only fruit that has monounsaturated fat making it rich in healthy fats and low in carbohydrates. Over 75% of the fat in avocados is unsaturated fat (good fat). Our bodies need some fats for energy and other functions. Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are healthy choices. We created a list to show you why we should be eating more avocados as the benefits are endless. While there are countless ways to eat this wonderful food, our favorite is to slice a small avocado and sprinkle with salt.
• Avocados contain more potassium than bananas
• Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids that help develop and maintain your cells
• Avocados are loaded with fiber
• Avocados can help lower your LDL (keeping your LDL low can reduce your risk for heart disease and stroke))
• Avocado fats can help you absorb nutrients from plant foods
• Avocados are loaded with powerful antioxidants
• Avocados may help prevent cancer
• Avocado extract may help relieve symptoms of arthritis
• Avocados may help you lose weight
We also want you to see the nutrients in a single 3.5 ounce (100 gram) serving (3), they are nutrient dense:
• Vitamin K: 26% of the RDA.
• Folate: 20% of the RDA.
• Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA.
• Potassium: 14% of the RDA.
• Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA.
• Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA.
• Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA.
• Then it contains small amounts of Magnesium, Manganese, Copper, Iron, Zinc, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin) and B3 (Niacin).
We constantly hear the words 'when we feel good we look good' and we will echo pretty much the same. Feeling good on the inside can help you to look good on the outside. Take care of yourself. You owe yourself the love you give to others.
Thank you so much for joining us today!
Stop by next week for a new blog post
Quote to take with you for the week:
Content Credit: Authority Nutrition