Everything starts with a dream and a vision and ends with a goal. We've always heard people say, "dream big" because that's where ideas start. Dreaming is a sign you have hope. If you continue to dream, and chase that dream, you can succeed regardless of when you start. My timing couldn't have been better - - or not, but it all started with a dream!
I had just gone through a long illness with my best friend, my mom, I was loosing the roof over my head, and was in search of a full-time job. As my world was crumbling around me, I realized my dream and envisioned my future. But, I didn't want to just be a dreamer. I wanted to be someone who made my dreams a reality, a tangible accomplishment. For 8 months, I walked around with this light and fluffy dream rolling around my head until a good friend said, “if not now, when?” That's all I needed to hear; the dream became a vision and the vision allowed me to see the steps I needed to take to accomplish everything I had imagined. While there was always that push/pull element every step of the way, in retrospect, I couldn’t be where I am today without making those decisions. By making decisions that take our lives forward, we grow stronger.
We must transform our visions and dreams into goals so that we can see things practically. I quickly learned that goals have to be specific or else we're back to dreaming again. For instance, I want to work with the greatest designer, one who understands the needs of our customer, i.e that busy women, or I, want to find the best fabric choices available so we can feel comfortable while looking great. We need to own our goals. When we care about the story, we will work through any obstacle we encounter. Now it's time to do something- - we're going someplace.
My energy, which I'm so thankful for, pulled me in many different directions and by the end of the day, I knew I put a lot out but something was missing. I was wasting a good portion of my day - valuable time that could have otherwise been put towards my goals. A friend at work, Judie, gave me a book by Dave Ramsey, with a note saying 'You can do it' and from that book, I learned how to create a prioritized to-do list which helped me organize my time in addition to learning something from every page.
Tip Number 18 - Look at Your Life as a Pleasant Journey
Life is a journey. Sometimes it is easy and pleasurable, and sometimes there are difficulties and obstacles.
You can choose to let the obstacles make you feel bad, and you can choose to learn from them, and overcome them.
With a happy and positive frame of mind, difficulties become easier to bear and to overcome.
• Strive to enjoy the journey through life, no matter where it leads you. Try to make the most of every minute, and you will become happier and more satisfied.
• If you are doing something, which you love to do, you will most probably enjoy the journey. However, if it is something, you don't like, but have to do it anyhow, try to see the bright points, the small pleasures on the way.
• Imagine how you would feel after you are through with what you are doing. This will take off some of the strain, and you will start enjoying the journey through life and the things you do.
• Whatever you happen to be doing, work, study, household chores or any task, don't focus on the difficulties, the inconvenience or the discomfort. The mind finds it easier to focus on the negative, but you should not accept to dwell on it.
• Focus on the benefits, on the strength and power you gain, on the possibilities that open to you. Though this might be difficult at first, persevere with this attitude, and your mind will learn to focus on the positive details, not on the negative ones. This will make the journey through life more pleasant.
There is no reason to suffer, feel bad or be depressed, if you don't like what you are doing. If you can do something else, that's fine, but if you have to do what you are doing, why not look at the benefits and gains?
When you see life as a pleasant journey, good things start happening and new doors open.
by Remez Sasson
Coco & Cyd encourage big dreams, and exploration. Go out and find what makes you happy!
Thank you so much for joining us today!
Stop by Thursday for our next blog post
Quote to take with you for the week:
“No matter how many mistakes you make, or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.”